Anyone cook in a #14 skillet?

Adam C

I recently obtained a Griswold LBL #14 skillet and I was curious if anyone would ever consider cooking in them or currently does?

Please share your opinion and/or experiences

Thanks!

Nice!

I had a local collector offer me a #14 BSR for cooking, and I was curious if I shouldn't cook in my LBL Griswold for any reason?

I would cook in it as much as possible, not only to help the seasoning, but just because you CAN. I cook in a Wapak #14 weekly....I feed a few people, so its perfect. I also have a newer Lodge #14 SK....I use it more than the Wapak, but I bought it more to collect. So all in all, Id say USE IT! Just heat her up slowly so it doesnt warp and youll be fine!

I would cook in it as much as possible, not only to help the seasoning, but just because you CAN. I cook in a Wapak #14 weekly....I feed a few people, so its perfect. I also have a newer Lodge #14 SK....I use it more than the Wapak, but I bought it more to collect. So all in all, Id say USE IT! Just heat her up slowly so it doesnt warp and youll be fine!
Awesome! Tips on heating up? Over the stove or in the oven?

Just turn the flame on a little more at a time, slowly. I cook on gas, so thats how I do it. I like the extra room of a #14.

Back