Trivets - Just Wondering

JRobson

Just wondering how many of you collect Cast Iron Trivets to go along with your pots and pans. I'd love to see some pictures of your CI trivets if you do. Thanks

JRobson...

Not really a collection.. I like to have them handy when I need to remove the skillet, dutch oven, fryer, etc. from the stovetop. The round one, and, tree are my least favorites (Hecho en Chine)... they will be rotated back thru GW when I find some I like better as replacements. :icon_thumbsup:

I wish I could find one of the enameled Le Creuset, Cousances, or Staub that I could afford.

Charles
http://imgur.com/a/VcF3O

Jeffrey, I really like your Gris. trivet! A beautiful pattern. They are extremely useful items in my opinion, plus they make elegant a wall hangers, as other contributions on this thread demonstrate.

I collect trivets, just to hang on the wall. Gives me something to look for while at GW and at yard sales besides just CI.

I got lucky and picked up a fairly large collection all at once. I was at an estate sale, and they were all in a box. I brought the box up to the counter and asked how much? The price was reasonable.

I think the coolest looking one, is not even a real trivet. The large oval shaped one is a cast iron piece to a singer sewing machine. It came in the box of trivets, and I like it, so I keep it on my kitchen table and use it as one.

2zp4ehh.jpg

I will post a few pics in the morning of some of my trivets, nothing special really, but I hang them on the wall for display anyways.

Like most so far, I don't collect them but I have purchased 4 since re-establishing my connection to cast iron cookware, for the purpose of having a spot to crash-land should a handle get real hot real quick (and to set the pans/pots down on):eek:. What I really need is a trivet to go with my vintage Lodge DO, but the prices for in-the-pot trivets are confiscatory:headpop:, and I shall NEVAH pay a confiscatory price for a trivet!

Back