Everyone's favorite game...Name. That. Iron!

MCohen

http://imgur.com/a/hBhjr

Found at Goodwill with a bunch of gunk on it. Saw the 3 notches and thought antique Lodge immediately. Got it into a lye bath for a couple of days and found no additional markings, but I did find a 5 above the handle by the rim.

I have a couple of marked and unmarked 3 notch Lodges already, but I have never seen one with the Griswold style numerical marking like that.

The underside of the handle also looks like the BSRs as well.

Certainly an oddball. Agreed on the Lodge notches and BSR handle. The 5 font looks like later Wagner to me. Might be Japanese, there are some marked ones floating around that have a prominent and deeply notched heat ring like that. They usually have a different, distinct skinny handle on them though.

Good conversation piece :)

Definitely an oddball, call it the platypan.

Picked up a pan at a local thrift, through all the crud seen the U at the bottom, and what looked like an I across the top. Got excited, thought it was my first L'islet piece. When it came out of the lye bath, the I was a J for Japan.

Interesting!

The Giraffe version of CI... I would have guessed lodge by the 3 notch, then BSR by handle......

Have an awesome weekend,

-J

Could be one of the skillets produced when Lodge was helping out BSR during their financial issue period to stay out of bankruptcy. Believe I have seen other marked examples, though I don't know great details of that timeline in their histories. BSR has never really appealed to me and my Lodge interests lies mainly in their arc logo era wares.

Back