Nicer Hammered Piece Seeking ID

BenjaminO

My partner was at the flea market while I was out of town and was sweet enough to think of me and pick up a couple pans for $5 each. One is the heaviest "late unmarked Wagner" I've ever seen, while the other was this No. 8 hammered piece with very nice, light casting. I've never seen anything like it, Anyone want to venture a guess? The pointed handle and dot under the 8 seem significant.
It was so crud covered that she didn't even notice that it was hammered! A fine piece too, minus the tiny crack by the handle :-|
DSCF8647 by Refinders, on Flickr
DSCF8648 by Refinders, on Flickr
DSCF8649 by Refinders, on Flickr
DSCF8650 by Refinders, on Flickr

That is a shame about the crack. I have a little number 3 that looks a lot like this one and it has 3 dots on it. It turned out to be a mystery.

Indeed unknown, but they have surfaced before. I suspect they may be from the same manufacturer as some of the linear hammered lids seen that have a BSR styled handle, inset baster dots and deep linear hammer pattern as some CHF. Those are also unknown, but I'm working on a lead that might just end that mystery. We shall see.

I've seen that set, and the handle just doesn't say BSR to me, nor does the sparse and regularly-spaced basting dimple pattern.

I did not say it was BSR. Just that it had a BSR type style handle and inset dots. BSR did not make deep hammered linear pattern hollow ware and that is confirmed.

I wasn't saying you were, only that the handle, if the same one I have seen, has a ridge that doesn't flatten at the pan wall, but the similarity to a BSR handle stops there.

I got ya. Yes, they do have a ridge on the the handle top. We are indeed thinking of the same pieces.

Back