CHF #8 Skillet

WR Thomas

Nice little $15 find At an estate sale. This is my first CHF marked skillet. Was wondering what year the skillet might've been made, I'm not finding much on series or dates about CHF skillets....

Attachments

• IMG_5442.jpg
    IMG_5442.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5443.jpg
    IMG_5443.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 62
Yeah it's a nice little skillet, nice find! I was hoping Doug had something to say about it, I haven't seen one with this handle that wasn't an enameled skillet...

add me to the list of people who think this is a pretty neat pan... interesting markings and I love that handle. Would also like to know more about it.

Although I can't speak to specific dating, it appears CHF produced Favorite and Sani-Ware concurrently at some point. Toy size advertising skillets are seen with just Sani-Ware and with both SW and Favorite marks. This would lead one to assume that CHF was marketing SW for some time prior to acquiring Favorite Piqua patterns ca. 1935. SW pieces are seen both enameled and not.

Thanks Doug, good to hear that this skillet was in production for at least as long as the Favorite series brand. This is one skillet I definitely want to put to use as soon as I get it cleaned up and seasoned properly. I want to see how that handle actually fits your hand when in use....

Back