WWSO Smooth Bottom Size, not catalog number

I think Wagner started using catalog numbers on their pans in 1924. Doug? My Dad has the same pan as you do with just the size number.

1924 on the Wagner catalog numbers. These smooth bottom/size number ones appear to have only been the #2s and #3s.

Thanks, Steve and Doug, that's helpful. I did see the #2 in the Blue Book but not the #3. I don't see any eBay solds on the #3 and I didn't see it in either book.

I have a few of the #3s like this one. They don't seem to be terribly scarce, and I don't think I've given more than about $15 for any of them. They and the pie logos, however, are the best castings of the smooth bottoms.

Thanks, Doug. As encrusted as it was, I couldn't make out any markings on it but I was pretty sure it was going to either be a marked or unmarked Wagner. It seemed thinner and lighter than any of the smooth bottom 1053s I've seen and it is when compared side by side. I agree that it's a nicer casting. They asked $10 but knocked it down to $8 so I was pretty pleased.

We picked up a #6 griddle yesterday, it also doesn't have the catalog number. As mentioned above, it appears to be a good casting. We still have to clean and season it.

Back