Rome, GA CI

LDaniel

Saw a Rome GA pan in size 7 at a nearby Antique store (I live in North Ga, not far from Rome Ga). Was covered pretty good in crud (too much to see ghost marks). Guy wants $40 for it, I remember reading in the Griswold / Wagner collectors book about the company using Griswold patterns for recast. Pan was very smooth and handle was consistent with early model Griswold. Any thoughts or opinions?

I have some Hanks pans, that are marked with Rome, Ga. They look very much like later Griswold. Hanks is very lightly insizesd in the center of the bottom. It looks as if it was done with a number stamp and a hammer as it is an inconsistent depth. One of mine also has an over stamp of one letter in the word Rome.If it turns out to be Hanks and you don't take it , I might be interested. Thanks

Saw a Rome GA pan in size 7 at a nearby Antique store (I live in North Ga, not far from Rome Ga). Was covered pretty good in crud (too much to see ghost marks). Guy wants $40 for it, I remember reading in the Griswold / Wagner collectors book about the company using Griswold patterns for recast. Pan was very smooth and handle was consistent with early model Griswold. Any thoughts or opinions?
Did you purchase this ?? I need a no 7 for my collection

Back