Help with a Martin Griddle Please

CFoxworth

I was very lucky to purchase a Martin #10 griddle at a local flea market, however I am unable to locate any information on this particular piece. I am able to find the Martin #9. Does anyone out there have any information they can share with me?
I also have a very heavy 15 5/8 CI skillet unmarked with a solid inset heat ring. Any thoughts on this one as well.

The Red Book shows the #10 Martin round griddle having a value $65.
The picture I am looking at is the griddle with the hamburger logo.

Hello Bonnie good morning....thank you for the reply!!!! My griddle is rectangular 13 inches wide 26 inches long and weighs 22 pounds.

Good morning Kevin I am a bit technology challenged, attempting to attach a pic of the Martin Griddle. Thanks for the help...Much Appreciated

Attachments

• 204.jpg
    204.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 205.jpg
    205.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 51
You can use the eBay search widget above to see if and for how much any have sold for recently there. RB value, although outdated, is $55. I would call the one on eBay for $350 unrealistically high, but someone bit on it.

Doug D. thanks for the input. I believe it to be a great piece, being the reason I purchased it. I bought this griddle, a Griswold oval #15 fish fryer and a trivet for $60.00. Of course as you can see a bit of TLC is needed. I have an addiction to cast iron cookware, thanks be to my grandmother! I believe it to be a superior cooking experience.

Hi Bonnie, I did not notice the backward S as mentioned. Anxious to clean and sanitize. Bonnie may I comment and also ask this.....

I admit I am addicted to collecting cast iron cookware, regardless if I already have several of the same. I usually buy them anyway, mainly because I love to bring life and use-ability back into CI. I have an interest in unusual pieces as most folks do. There are pieces I will never use and only bought them to give them love.

During my research I also believe the prices online are ridiculously high, especially when you can pick them up for literally 1/2 pennies on the dollar. I am interested in re-homing some of my collection; how would you suggest I price that makes buyer and seller happy. Every piece I acquire is completely cleaned of rust and carbon build-up, sanitized and seasoned 5 times. Literally a new piece.

Have a great day and thanks for your insight...

I normally pick my price by going to ebay sold listing and finding a median price of the ones that have sold (clean ones). I also list with a best offer price and if someone gets close enough to a good price I take it. I hope this helps.
If it is a piece of iron I really like and I am not sure I want to part with I put a crazy price on it.

Good morning Bonnie....The wise man said "great minds think alike" I have never sold on e-bay, never wanted the presumed hassle. Do your recommend E-bay or just re-homing locally. I do research on e-bay, but there are so many pieces, I kind of think the on-line market is flooded. Is this my misconception?

If I can avoid having to ship a piece of iron I will do it. My eldest daughter and I have a small booth at an antique mall in Phoenix and have had good luck selling my skillets there. I have never tried selling on craigslist but if you are comfortable with that, I would think that would be a good way to avoid fees and shipping costs which are the biggest downfall of ebay.

Back