Anyone else irritated by stuff like this?

Hay RickC,

The word Heritage, does not = vintage. You are supposed to be looking for old cast iron. Is this your diet plan, Or is everyone getting one of these for Xmas?
:chuckle:

Hay RickC,

The word Heritage, does not = vintage. You are supposed to be looking for old cast iron. Is this your diet plan, Or is everyone getting one of these for Xmas?
:chuckle:

Uh, No. I won't be giving these away. Although...... For a few family members, enameled might not be such a bad idea. :redface:

Here's one I saw a long time ago. Rachael Ray seasoning one of her signature enameled (Inside & Out) skillets.

How to Break In Your Cast Iron Pan

Doug could set a whole thread aside just for comments like these. The list goes on and on. Call it the :crackhead: thread.

Doug could set a whole thread aside just for comments like these. The list goes on and on. Call it the :crackhead: thread.

I'm sure.... The amount of both mis-information , and weird rituals surrounding cast iron is astounding.

Wait until a second full moon, build a bonfire 2 cubits x 3 cubits out of wormwood. Splash the fire with a minimum of 126 year old Bordeaux wine, wait for the smoke to clear, kiss your skillet on the handle, toss it a minimum of 6 feet into the air, and into the fire. 18 hours later, after the fire has died down, remove skillet from fire. Wipe clean with American flag. Flag must be knitted by a 90 year old woman using wool spun from virgin lambs wool from lambs born and raised in New Hampshire. Wipe skillet down with extra extra extra virgin Crisco (or spray on PAM, preferably butter flavored). Place in a 256 deg. oven on it's edge. Rotate skillet 16 degs. every 6 minutes. Do this for 9 hours. Remove skillet. Wipe down with the oil from the feathers of a hummingbird. Place skillet back in oven at 329 Degs. for 37 minutes cooking side down (So the oil doesn't escape).

You are now ready to heat up some hot dogs!

:tongue:

Doug, are you mis-leading us on how to clean & season our skillets. This sounds like very technical writing, it must be the right way.

second full moon - Check
build a bonfire - we do every night
wormwood - no wood left, the worms ate it all.
126 year old Bordeaux wine - Drank it all
kiss your skillet on the handle - to dirty like my hands
toss it a minimum of 6 feet into the air - It is already cracked, it will break.
virgin lambs wool - There are no virgin lambs left in NH
extra extra extra virgin Crisco - will good Ole Bag Balm work made in VT
Do this for 9 hours - That is a lot of beer time.
oil from the feathers of a hummingbird - This sounds like a California thing as we do not have hummingbird this time of year, will wild turkey feathers do, or will they scratch the skillet?
You are now ready to heat up some hot dogs! - This all took to long, the dogs went down with the beer raw.:twisted:

the article starts out with - - - "A cast iron pan is a dependable tool for the home. It has a naturally nonstick surface" NATURALLY NONSTICK???? what about seasoning?

the lady is extremely lucky that stupidity isn't painful, or should i have called her ignorant? ignorance is no crime, because it can be taught, stupid is permanent.

Back