Confused on this one!!

Bought this tall "hammered" skillet at a yard sale. Cleaned it up and the only marking on it were an 0 ant the underside of the handle. Anyone have a clue?

Attachments

• IMG_1894.jpg
    IMG_1894.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1897.jpg
    IMG_1897.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 59
Photos for ID purposes really need to include straight on, full frame shots of entire top and bottom. Best guess from what I can see, Wagner.

Photos for ID purposes really need to include straight on, full frame shots of entire top and bottom. Best guess from what I can see, Wagner.

Sorry Doug. Should have done that the first time!! :razz:

Attachments

• IMG_1900.jpg
    IMG_1900.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1901.jpg
    IMG_1901.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 44
That skillet has some cooking surface issues (if I'm seeing it correctly), but I love the look of the hammered pieces.

I also got a hammered piece this past weekend that looks very much like yours. It is in the lye bath right now. I didn't even know it was hammered until I was cleaning it up. It was so rusted that I thought it was just badly pitted. You can't always tell what is under all the rust and crust.

That skillet has some cooking surface issues (if I'm seeing it correctly), but I love the look of the hammered pieces.

If you look at the photos I uploaded Rick it does seem pitted. But, the surface is smooth. I think it is just some stains that seasoning will take care of. Here is a better photo!!

Surface is nice but no lid!! :( Will have to keep it for stove top soups!!

It's a chicken fryer, if I'm not mistaken, and it would be great for frying things on the stove top as well. The extra depth helps when dealing with larger amounts of oil.

It's a chicken fryer, if I'm not mistaken, and it would be great for frying things on the stove top as well. The extra depth helps when dealing with larger amounts of oil.

Or out here in the Southwest would be perfect for frying chili rellenos. :glutton:

Back