Cast Iron Collector Forums  
Google

Go Back   Cast Iron Collector Forums > General Discussion > General Cast Iron

Notices

General Cast Iron General Cast Iron Cookware Topics and Q&A

Old 04-01-2019, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Day Trip Birthday Picking

I like the 'pointy handle' pans... but no idea on maker... I've seen a similar #8... but I think it had like a 'v' under the 8... but most of the same other characteristics. that 10 is a beauty.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2019, 09:03 AM

MDFarley, Alter you have cleaned that flat handled rusty skillet would you mind putting up a photo of both sides. Looking at yours I see two pour spouts on my #11 it has only one on the right side. The other one I have is a #8, not #7 as stated earlier and has two pour spouts and 3 very small legs / pads. I am thinking the legs / pads were to center the skillet in the eye opening to keep it from moving.

What is it with this dam spell check changing my words, grass fed to grass feed??
Old 04-03-2019, 10:34 AM

Jeffrey R it's not a "two finger hinge" WI. I found two "finger hinge" waffle irons. I don't know if we ever determined which Griswold waffle iron came first. I assume it was the button hinge, the finger hinge is something I don't see very often. I got two of the finger hinge paddles at an auction but was missing one base. A couple of weeks later we found a Griswold American sitting on a finger hinge base. I am still hunting the elusive Seldon & Griswold WI.

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------[/SIZE]

I also found a really old Sidney, Ohio waffle iron with the long handle on ebay cheap. It was advertised as an antique waffle iron made in "Randy, Ohio".
Old 04-03-2019, 03:03 PM

Jeffry. Imgur is still messing with me and I thought I had copied both pics of the pan. Anyway...Here's one pic of the pan so I guess I will load it and come back and edit this post and add the other one. It really cleaned up nice and I noticed a single notch at the 12 o'clock position. Has all the aspects of a lodge except the handle just isn't correct.
https://imgur.com/ixPAYwd
https://imgur.com/vQ7zzQv

Last edited by MDFraley; 04-03-2019 at 03:04 PM. Reason: added second pic
Old 04-03-2019, 03:22 PM
Site Admin

Incised numeral on top of handle also not Lodge.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:29 PM

WOW! Do I need my glasses... Totally different skillet. Sorry to take your time.

If the skillet that you just put up was the rusty one from your first post, it came out nice.

The photo I put on post #5 does not show the full handle of my skillet that I thought looked like your rusty one, my bad. I am always looking for a mate to these early skillets.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey R. View Post
WOW! Do I need my glasses... Totally different skillet. Sorry to take your time.

If the skillet that you just put up was the rusty one from your first post, it came out nice.
It's a keeper.

The only difference I see between this #8 and the matching #10 we have is that this one has the single notch. Both of them are good quality skillets.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Scott View Post
Jeffrey R it's not a "two finger hinge" WI. I found two "finger hinge" waffle irons. I don't know if we ever determined which Griswold waffle iron came first. I assume it was the button hinge, the finger hinge is something I don't see very often. I got two of the finger hinge paddles at an auction but was missing one base. A couple of weeks later we found a Griswold American sitting on a finger hinge base. I am still hunting the elusive Seldon & Griswold WI.

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------[/SIZE]

I also found a really old Sidney, Ohio waffle iron with the long handle on ebay cheap. It was advertised as an antique waffle iron made in "Randy, Ohio".

I was thinking that you were calling the Button Hinge a two finger hinge as they have two tabs off the iron.

"Randy, Ohio" you find things like this all the time on the net.

This is the last one I named. Krumbkaka Iron = Krumbkake Iron, also no mention of Griswold or Alfred Andersen.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey R. View Post
This is the last one I named. Krumbkaka Iron = Krumbkake Iron, also no mention of Griswold or Alfred Andersen.
I just found my second Alfred Andresen Krumkake iron. I want to give one to my daughter since her great grandmothers maiden name was Andresen. Same spelling. Norwegian.

I made some ice cream cones with it years ago. Probably around the last time I talked to you.

https://imgur.com/a/5ePJM
Old 04-03-2019, 06:37 PM

This is the last one I FOUND, Krumbkaka Iron = Krumbkake Iron

It took a hit.

Krumbkaka Iron = Krumbkake Iron

Wow those look good. Not sure if I should keep mine of sell??