Need Help Identifying Cast Iron Pan From Taiwan

PMDavis

Can anyone please help identify this pan (company/date of manufacture/quality/value)?

I have attached pictures.

Distinguishing attributes - light weight, 'Taiwan' and a number 2 printed underneath, spiral ridges on the cooking side - yet very smooth.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Pans 001.JPG
    Pans 001.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Pans 002.JPG
    Pans 002.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Pans 003.JPG
    Pans 003.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 59
Honestly there is not a lot of love for Taiwan cast iron in this site...... Or anywhere. Lol probably fairly hard to find out Asian makers. I've got a sneaky Korea pan that I thought was a unmarked wagner.ncleaned it up and under the crud was Korea. Surprisingly nice pan. I'm no expert but that is my 2 cents.

I have "accidently" bought a few Asian skillets that were covered in crud and/or rust. I restore them and give them away...

The handle design is usually a good clue to import skillets. The hole is usually more of a narrow slot than a teardrop or elongated oval (the one pictured above being an exception).

Like posted above, most Korean and Taiwan I come across, I clean, season, use till good and ready, then give as presents/gifts.

Surprisingly I've not come across one yet that didn't season well and become a good user.
China stuff, well, I don't give it away or use it. it goes to recyclers.

I keep the American stuff for my collection/use.

Lastly, the only piece I have from my mom is a 1960's warped Taiwan. I'll never let it go. I can still see mom in my minds eye cooking fried chicken for us children. Burt my arm from splattering grease making taco shells too.

Memories.:)

Back