Bsr #9?

MikeL

I saw a BSR #9 Red Mountain today that was very nice. When I got home, I did a search on ebay and nothing came up. Is this size somewhat rare?

I wouldn't say rare but more hard to find than anything. BSR only made the #9 in the Red Mountain style and according to the chart I have looked at they did not make a #9 in the Century Series.

Well, you'd think after I let a BSR #14 get away, I'd learn a lesson. I went back this morning a few minutes after they opened and it was gone.

It's been almost 8 months since I missed my opportunity, but today I was given another chance. This morning I found another BSR #9 at a flea market for $15. Needless to say, I didn't hesitate this time.

Does confirm that BSR still made #9 skillets for a time after moving to automated molding processes. Pre-DISA, but automated. If produced 1954-1966 (before DISA) it may have been sold as Century.

Does confirm that BSR still made #9 skillets for a time after moving to automated molding processes. Pre-DISA, but automated. If produced 1954-1966 (before DISA) it may have been sold as Century.

What would you estimate it's current value to be?

What would you estimate it's current value to be?
Hard to say, except less than a pre-automation one (large pour spouts, more crudely incised markings, pattern letter). Not sure $150 is realistic for one of those, either. Certainly more than $15, though. $35? $50?

Back