Flop Griddle

Hey Jeffrey, if you want to see something funny then check out this Griswold on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Cast-Ir...080?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa8b4c7c8

A sucker born every day.:eek:

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Jeff's mad at me because he sent me 5 gallons of syrup so I could make his Sweet 'n Smokey, Bourbon or Cognac “Baked” Beans recipe, I've gathered most of the missing ingredients, but I haven't made it yet. I will say though, that the syrup is delicious!!!! :glutton:

Oh, and I sent him this...

Thanks for the photos Bonnie, I was hoping for a different brand, something I hadn't seen from them before, Oh well... :-|

I give up, Looks like Rick is doing the best that he can with no water in CA, so he has gone the dry pancake sponge bath.:biggrin:

Hey Jeffrey, if you want to see something funny then check out this Griswold on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Cast-Ir...080?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa8b4c7c8

So, I'll request a little help for those of us that don't necessarily see the obvious. I've not bought any pieces from ebay yet, and as far as spotting fakes or pieces with problems or whatever, I'm still fairly young and naive, so to speak. So, help me out, what is it about this one that makes it comical? The only thing I've seen is that the handle hole looks weird...but I don't have any idea if I'm right or off base.

It looks like a recast to me. It's not smooth all over the way a Griswold is, not to mention the obvious raised letters that read BW. I think BW stands for "By the Way" this is fake.

It looks like a recast to me. It's not smooth all over the way a Griswold is, not to mention the obvious raised letters that read BW. I think BW stands for "By the Way" this is fake.

I was wondering if it might be recast because of the sloppiness in the hole in the handle. The non smoothness I thought was just crud build up, but looking more closely, I can see what you're driving at.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious to the blind :)

Doug H, I just looked at the picture again and I don't see any crud build up. It says that it needs a good cleaning but it sure looks clean to me.

Doug H, I just looked at the picture again and I don't see any crud build up. It says that it needs a good cleaning but it sure looks clean to me.

I agree with you after I've looked at it more closely. I was saying that when I initially looked at it, I just thought it had some build up or something on it.

Back