Stainless? Cast Iron Piqua

Larry Little

Just got a number of skillets. A 609B Older Griswold Erie with heat ring and a Piqua Favorite that is silver on the outside and black on the inside. I have seen some similar griswolds but do not know how they are made.:confused: but cannot find any info on the Piqua. (It has the smiley. Any info would be appreciated. I will post pictures later today.:?:

I have seen CHF Ni-Resist pieces which are a high nickel content cast iron which look a bit more steel-like than regular iron, but am not sure if Favorite made any before CHF bought them. More likely would be nickel or chrome plating, but I don't really recall ever seeing any Favorite plated pieces. Plated skillets are seen either completely plated or with the cooking surface bare iron. Sometimes it's inconclusive whether a piece had its interior plated and it wore off, or whether it was unplated to begin with.

I don't think Favorite plated many pieces but I have an early No.7 Favorite MIAMI that is nickel plated on the outside but not polished on the outside.

Probably not much in the way of value unless the piece was in excellent condition. The plating is nickel, just like my early Miami 7 skillet and not polished on the outside.

Back