"New" BSR Red Mtn 5

SteveT

Maiden voyage complete, after 2 rounds of Crisco. I couldn't cut the chewy rind because the pone kept moving around the skillet...

The crumbs are Doc approved:

Before:

Nice skillet. Just a tip---don't cut your cornbread in the skillet. At best, you'll leave knife cut marks in the seasoning. At worst, you'll leave marks/gouges in the CI. Put a plate over the skillet and turn it upside down. The cornbread should come right out.

Nice skillet. Just a tip---don't cut your cornbread in the skillet. At best, you'll leave knife cut marks in the seasoning. At worst, you'll leave marks/gouges in the CI. Put a plate over the skillet and turn it upside down. The cornbread should come right out.

Thanks for the tip - that's how I normally do it. In this case, I was thinking of that first picture, so didn't follow my norm.

The way this pone came out of the skillet, I'm not sure I'd have gotten the skillet/plate combo to vertical before it departed the skillet. There are worse problems to have, so long as the cornbread doesn't hit the floor :)

Steve

Anytime I've ever had a sticking problem it's always been on the sides. As a precaution I will run a butter knife all the way around the edge and let it set in the pan for a few minutes before placing a plate on top and turn it over.
BTW....Don't worry so much about dropping anything on the floor as long as you have your dog. He'll make short work of any spillage.

Back