Lodge 4 in 1 hammered finish

D_Madden

Here's a hammered finish Lodge 4 in 1 that I bought at the same auction and just finished cleaning and seasoning. I know these aren't all that collectible, but they look so nice cleaned up and I hate to pass them up when no one is bidding on them.

http://imgur.com/a/JDAoa

I actually have two of them now. My wife bought the first one for about $30 at an auction about 2 years ago. I only paid $20 for this rusty one... but my restoration skills are a little more advanced now... I wasn't afraid of the surface rust... and there was/is only a small amount of pitting in the bottom of the big pan... but the outside with that hammered finish looks so nice.

Just out of curiosity is the top piece (pan) section warped? Seems like every one I look at has a bad warp in it. Hammered pieces IMO sure does look good and entice me to buy them when I see one.

Just out of curiosity is the top piece (pan) section warped? Seems like every one I look at has a bad warp in it. Hammered pieces IMO sure does look good and entice me to buy them when I see one.

no, neither of the two that I have are warped at all... very flat. (not sure they got used much as skillet/griddle... probably mostly just as a lid. I went to the same monday night auction last night and bought yet another 4 in 1 hammered finish lid only for $2... we'll see how it cleans up.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

wait. on closer inspection all three of the 'lids' that I have have some amount of wobble to them... but it seems to be pretty much the same wobble... like they were just made that way.

Back