Unmarked Vollrath and "H.8" Griddle

PMagistro

Hi!

I picked up two pieces at a thrift store a few days ago and was hoping for some help dating/identifying them. I don't have a working camera right now, so I'll try text descriptions.

The first is a #10 fry pan, an unmarked Vollrath I believe, based on the hollowed out handle and heat ring. It is marked with a single small "10" on the bottom, no underline. Any ideas on the general time period for that piece?

The second piece is a round griddle, raised rim, marked "H . 8" on the bottom. No other markings. I haven't found anything in the books, etc mentioning such a marking. Thoughts?

Thanks all!
Phil

If the number 10 is readable with the handle held at 3 o'clock, that sideways orientation would pretty much confirm Vollrath. Vollrath production spans 75 or more years, up to the 1960s, and without much in the way of design changes to pin down dating too well. The griddle might just be from some small foundry, but if you can manage a photo, it may give some clues.

Edited to add: The griddle is probably a BSR.

Here are some photos of the griddle.

Attachments

• Griddle 1.jpg
    Griddle 1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 55
  • Griddle 2.jpg
    Griddle 2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Griddle 5.jpg
    Griddle 5.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 68
Yep, Birmingham Stove & Range Co. (BSR) on the griddle. The markings are consistent with their Red Mountain pieces, made thru the 1930s-40s. The style of handle, while atypical of BSR, I would say puts it more like the late 1940s.

Back