Lodge lid question

While I was trying to find info about this one I saw that they made a sauce pan with one spout, so now I think that the one spout lodge lid I have must be the lid for that. I think the pan is going to be a lot harder to find than the lid was.

Old catalogs are not much help. One says use lids listed on another page that are skillet lids with two ears.

Bonnie,
I have seen that lid on a bean pot but it probably fits other Lodge products as well. Does the lid you found have a tab handle or a loop.

Those sauce pans shown in the photo are BSR. I would tell you the web site to go read about them but I've mentioned it in so many posts Dough is going to think I have a financial interest in it (I don't)

That single spout pan may not be all that rare. A couple of weeks ago MD Fraley posted questions about the one he found and this weekend I found one. I didn't know Lodge made them. PM me if you want the name and address of the shop where the pan was found.

Jack

Thanks Jack, you can see the top of the lid in this picture. It's the one I found this past week. Do you think it is only coincidence that both my lid and the pan in the picture both say 3-3 quart? Did Lodge make a 3 quart sauce pan? That was the only picture I could find.

http://imgur.com/dp8OfBw

Bonnie,
I have read everything I can find but I still do not know much about Lodge. There is tons of information about Wagner, Griswold and lots of other "name" brands but not all that much about Lodge. Which I find kind of ironic since Lodge is the "last man standing".

I have read that BSR gave Lodge all its patents and patterns to pay off its debts. It is possible that Lodge used the BSR patterns, modified or otherwise, to produce sauce pans very much like BSR pans. So if a Lodge lid fits a BSR pan, and vice versa, I wouldn't be very surprised.

Sorry I don't have any rock solid answers for you.

Jack

Bonnie, When I asked about the handle I was referring to the one ear lid you said you had. Could you post a picture? I have two Wagner deep fat fryers that call for a one eared lid. The picture in the RB shows the Wagner lid having two circles around the handle

BTW, I could be wrong about those pans being BSR. The 3 QT BSR has a pour spout on the left and an assist tab on the right.

Pictures of BSR sauce pans can be seen here:
http://www.modemac.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Saucepans_by_Birmingham_Stove_and_Range

Jack

Thanks Jack for helping me try to solve this mystery. I saw the BSR saucepan and I am still not convinced that the pans the gentleman has posted on pinterest are not Lodge. Here is the link, he is calling them Lodge. The ones on the BSR site don't have the size on the handle. I wish we could see a picture of the bottom of Mr. Karrs saucepans. His lid sure looks like mine.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/142215300711065460/
Doug, does the catalog have a picture or give any indication about whether or not the quart size was on the handle?

Jack, I will get a picture of the one spout lid.

Bonnie
I have two of the BSR 2 quart pans with the 2 QT imprinted on the top pf the handle. But that is all just 2 QT. Your pictures show 2-2QT. Also the 3QT in the picture does not have a pour spout. That's what got me to thing they may not be BSR

Jack

Thank you Bonnie.
I had never seen one of those. I assume the "5" indicates that somewhere out there is a 5 QT pan with one pour spout and probably an assist tab like the 4 QT

Jack

No Jack, it's much smaller than the 3 quart lid. I think this one doubles as a lid for a 5 skillet. Maybe?

Does your BSR saucepan have the big ears like a Red Mountain? This looks as though it was designed to fit over a large spout.

Bonnie,
If its smaller than the 3 QT lid it might fit the pan I saw Friday. I wish I had taken a picture. It will probably be a long time before I'm back in that shop as it is +/-200 miles from my home.

I'll go take some pictures of my sauce pans and post the link.

Jack

I don't have an old Lodge #5 but I tried it on a #5 Griswold and it's a good fit.
I tried the 3.3 lid on the single notch lodge #6 and it's not a good fit. It's slightly smaller than the #6. It was a lot nicer fit before I removed a quarter inch of crud. :)

Last edited:
Here ya go Bonnie. Please let me know if you have any trouble viewing.
http://imgur.com/a/hYDBA

Both 2 QT and the far right 3 QT are Red Mountain. The far left and the far right are Red Mountain lids. The last picture shows how the handle on the 3QT Century differs from the 3QT Rem Mountain.

(yes, that is the MI-Pet DO in the background but thats for a separate post)

Jack

Wow Jack...wow, you have a beautiful collection. It's clear to me that both of the 3 quart pans you have are BSR. I have my doubts about the 2 quarts. I bet my one spout lid fits that 2 quart. The 2 quarts have a different handle and they don't seem quite as thick a casting as the 3 quart.

Thanks Jack, I will have to look at the picture when I get off work tonight. This computer at work doesn't let my go to Imgur. :-x

Back