Help ID this unmarked?

Shawn R

I got this in a bundle buy last week. Anyone know the maker? I first thought Wagner but doesn't have the same handle as any of my WW or National's with outside heat ring.
unknown%20outsidering.jpg

unknown%20outside%20ring.jpg

With an outside heat ring, it would have to be much earlier, before ~ 1935, to be Wagner. Which most would say it probably is.

With an outside heat ring, it would have to be much earlier, before ~ 1935, to be Wagner. Which most would say it probably is.

Question then. BSR Red Mountain Series began in 1930. Did they use the heat ring after Wagner quit? I don't think I've seen a BSR without one.

Other than a very few oddball smooth-bottoms you see from time to time, BSR skillets all have inset heat rings except for the chicken fryers.

Question then. BSR Red Mountain Series began in 1930. Did they use the heat ring after Wagner quit? I don't think I've seen a BSR without one.

Cast Iron Chaos says this about BSR heat rings:

All cast iron skillets from Birmingham Stove & Range, up until the 1970s, were made with a heat ring: a circular ridge on the underside of the pan. BS&R pans in particular had a very thick and distinctive heat ring. Also, as stated previously, each of these pans have the teardrop-shaped scoop on the underside of the handle.

Im glad everyone else agrees that its a Wagner. Just didnt have the same handles as other marked ones I have, not that I have a bunch of them. My coworker is looking for a starter pan for his daughter, I think this one would be great for her. Its being seasoned right now.

Shawn, I agree with you--manufacturer mystery or not--it looks like "dinner" to me! I think your friend would be gratified with this pan as a gift!

Back