Highland Foundry Co. Boston, MA

JoshWilemon

I am just curious if anyone has seen or heard of this brand before? Highland Foundry Co. Boston, MA.

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 70
What a pretty flop griddle. I'm working on a Stuart Peterson griddle right now, but it's got a lot of pitting on two of the circular plates. Yours doesn't look like it's been used at all.

How about a picture of it opened and some details about how you acquired it?

Great debut, new member!

Thanks for letting me in the group. I've been collecting CI for a couple years but I am not specific to any certain brand. I am drawn more to the older CI but here lately I've grabbed several gatemarked pieces and have started looking for more waffle irons. I try to use all of my CI but my collection is getting too big. I have 5 kids that will get all of it one day.

This is my first griddle and honestly I don't have it in hand just yet. I just bought it off eBay because I liked the way it looked.

That's a tough piece to properly pack safely for shipping. Hopefully, they know what they're doing.

Thanks for sharing info. and pictures, guys. I have honestly never seen this kind of utensil before. As the Romans used to say: Always something new out of Egypt. Here it's fascinating CI to see!

I always think of flop griddles as something Ron Popeil would have hawked if he were around back then. One side to make uniform size cakes, flip them all at once, scoop them off the flat side when done. He probably would have called it the "Showtime" Pancake Maker.

I received this Saturday but had to leave this morning for a week long work trip. It looks like a couple casting flaws but otherwise in perfect condition.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 36
I finally got time this morning to use my flip griddle. It took a few minutes to get the heat adjusted just right but they turned out great. I'm glad I found this little gadget!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 31
Back