skillet lid maker?

KevM

any one know what maker this is so I can find a bottom or have the bottom to one of these? its a lid to a hinged skillet or some thing but has no name or number that I can see yet. jus rings on the top and a fancy handle.

Wagner 5-Star Skillet set lid. BB pg. 237. Matching skillet has similar handle shape.

yes sir that's it. must have skipped that page. you always have the answers Doug. I have looked and looked and couldn't find anything.

I am going to have to disagree with you DougD you have the right page but the wrong pan. This is the lid for the double skillet on the bottom of the page. I learned this the hard way. The 5 star skillet has a wavy handle

Rick Hunter, the Blue Book of Griswold and Wagner. You can find a copy for sale if you click on the shopping link.

I am going to have to disagree with you DougD you have the right page but the wrong pan. This is the lid for the double skillet on the bottom of the page. I learned this the hard way. The 5 star skillet has a wavy handle

Rick Hunter, the Blue Book of Griswold and Wagner. You can find a copy for sale if you click on the shopping link.

Thanks Bonnie.

Even at the angle that this picture is taken I can see it's the double skillet lid by the indented spot on the handle. I have the same pan in front of me now.

One correction: the 5-star skillet has a regular shape handle. The BB photo shows the bottom of the skillet with the lid in place, making it look similar to the lid's.

your right bonnie it is for the double skillet. so straight is double skillet and wavy is 5 star. the five star at the top of the page is not as deep as the one I have. its deep like the one at the bottom on the double skillet

Doug are you saying the bottom skillet of the double skillet has a regular handle? That might explain why I can't find the matching skillet. I know the 5 star bottom skillet has the wavy fancy handle that matches up with the lid.

Right, the 5-star lid handle dips down so they fit tight together. Sets you see with a gap are a marriage. And I guess 5-star lids shouldn't fit right on a double skillet bottom.

that looks like it. very nice. not too sure about 225 nice, but a good example of the double skillet. so if I'm understanding this correctly the lid that I have will fit the 5 star skillet but there will be a gap because of the handle and fit the double skillet and there is no gap.

No that is not correct. This lid in no way fits the 5 star. I bought mine thinking that it would and it did not even come close. I already sold the bottom of the 5 star but if my memory serves me this lid was slightly smaller and of course the handles are completely different. They are two completely different pieces.
Of course I could be wrong because I also have a griswold hinged bottom skillet and a hinged lid that doesn't fit. D'oh
I do think the 5 star bottom skillet it slightly larger than the double cooker.

That is the bottom skillet I sold to Jade on Main. They had the top I couldn't find so we made a deal. I think DougD is saying if the pieces were not cast as a set they might end up with a gap between the handles.

There is apparently one of the double skillet lids that "fits" on a 5-Star bottom, but with a gap between the handles b/c the 5-Star's dips down and the double skillet top's handle is straight. It's obvious they don't go together, b/c if you picked it up, squeezing the handles would make the lid open at the hinge end.

Back