Sidney Arc

Bonnie Scott

I came across a skillet yesterday for $25 that I believe to be a Sidney Arc. The only thing I could recognize under the muck was the block letter S near 11 o'clock and the 9 at 6 o'clock. I can't find much information about this pan. I am hoping it is at least worth my $25.

Pictures, Bonnie, pictures. Is it pitted, chipped and warped? If so you were cheated. If it is pristine, you got a bargain. Either way, Ebay completed sales is the best way to verify the value.

Last edited:
I didn't really have time after work today to clean this skillet up but I couldn't resist the urge to take a peak and see what I have. I was wrong about the Sidney arc.
http://i.imgur.com/1j1PlEd.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

As you can see the bottom of the pan is very pitted. The cooking surface is really nice and smooth.

The problem with older pans is, the older they are, the more potential existed for them to be sulfur pitted.

Also, that would be considered a Wagner Sidney O. arc logo. There are pans marked with just "SIDNEY" in an arc that would be more appropriately referred to as such.

Does the pitting effect the usefulness of the pan? I can understand it diminishing the value as a collectable but does it make it a bad cooker?

Bonnie, I recently found a completely encrusted piece that turned out to bear the same trademark as yours, and has almost identical pitting. It should make a great user, and I was going to add it to my quiver of pans, but I opted for a Griswold "slant" logo instead that has a hairline fracture on the rim. Instead I am trying to re-home the WAGNER. You can see some pictures here:http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/hsh/4899132766.html

Wow Ben, they really look like twin pans. I think maybe I will run a craigslist ad for some of my early lodge pans. The only ads you see for cast iron in my area are cast iron wanted ads.

Good luck selling them if you do. I'm beginning to think I will have to go to ebay if I want to sell anything; no responses yet on this pan or any of my cheaper unmarked Lodge pieces. I just dislike the fees and extra work in shipping required when using ebay.

I hear you. I've thought about selling on eBay from time to time, but just the shipping of items alone discourages me from taking it on. I know that sounds lazy and I guess it is, but after working all day, the last place I want to be is at the post office trying to deal with efficient and competent government employees. I'd rather :shootself:

Back