Odd Griswold W/ Todays Finds

MDFraley

Yesterday and today we went yard sale hunting and flea market hunting for treasures.
Here's a few of our finds. What's puzzling is the Griswold small logo hinged tab w/ grooved handle (chicken fryer/deep skillet) which has no EPU, pattern # or additional lettering on its bottom. Top of the handle is marked with an 8 which looks to be the correct size but other than the logo nothing else. Maybe it's one of those "unusual" pieces that one hears about but seldom ever see's. It has a ways to go in the lye but I do not expect to see anything other than what's in the pic.
some of the other finds were a few pieces of cast aluminum (Cast-Rite DO #8), a G-2, Miracle maid omelet/fish pan and that strange piece of Pyrex. First one I've ever seen that size (7" sq. at the top, 3" deep and has the patent date of May 24th, 1919 with the dollar sign logo. I know this isn't the site to post it but I can't remember my password for the other site.
We also picked up a few other pieces, (WW chef skillet, very dirty) a #12 and #14 Camp oven with raised numbers on the lids and the ovens, a Wrought Iron skillet and the #9 Arc Lodge shown in these pics. Some pieces didn't make the photo shoot because I already had them in the lye. Maybe next time.
https://imgur.com/a/jMSPxm3

I like the no notch arc logo lodge... that should clean up very nicely.

I'm guessing the griswold was one that was made in Sidney shortly after the 1957 acquisition... the pattern was modified to remove the 'erie ,pa' but the logo left alone.

Back