New find .... Cant ID

JMay

Found a very interesting piece today. Normally I shy away from what I dont know but this one is different. I cant find anything about it. And let me tell you....this is one heavy piece.

Can anyone help with an ID?

Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/QN7IC

Thx Jody.

Anyone have any info on the manufacturer? Looks like it says Jacob Stckholm. I cant find a single thing on it.

After reading your post Kevin and re-examining the pictures, I do believe you are correct.

We are narrowing it down.....

Hmmm....seems to be a very old company that no one knows anything about. I'm still searching but hitting dead ends almost everywhere I go.

Intriguing I must say. =)

Still have been unable to make any headway on this piece. Guess I'll just clean it up and stash it away for now. Not giving up but will definitely need outside assistance for getting information on it.

Could you post a picture of the bottom of the pan please? I am thinking maybe an iron molder made himself a pan with his name on it. I sure would have if that was my job.

I think post #4 is the maker, Bolinder, Stockholm, Sweden.

I agree with this too.

But finding any info on the piece itself (periods of manufacture) or even the company for that matter seems elusive.

The bottom is really grimy and won't reveal anything (if anything) until it is cleaned.

Thanks Kevin...I see that now. Oops
By the way, that is cool pan.

Sits nice and flat and has a ton of weight behind it. Would hate to get hit in the head with this piece. :chuckle:

One thing I've noticed during all this research, and I'm probably going to use the wrong terminology here but..., are the pletts themselves. These guys are raised above the base where all the other plett pans I've seen, the pletts have been "sunken" down. Pretty Kewl.

I'm confused, Bonnie. Are you just showing a picture of a plett pan or? I'm not making the connection between the company that made the OP's plett pan and the brochure you pictured.

Back