1295 dutch oven

KevM

i started cleaning some DO's and came across one that has no bail. I found on page 66 of the BB and it has a glass lid. do all of theses with the single hole come with glass lids only?

is there any way to find out what lids go to what bottoms. some lids have applied handles , regular handles. The pat date on some is raised some are recessed. the bottoms say The Griswold mfg co. and have a 3 digit number and some just say cast iron and a 4 digit number like the 1295.

It would be nice if we knew if that handle was actually sold as an accessory for it. Not sure why there would be those holes otherwise. On your example it appears that the pattern started out as having bail handle attachments that had their openings closed off. Other 1295s I have seen don't look that way.

I think that maybe the lid on the back Pyrex casserole in this picture would be the right lid. I measured it and it is 10 1/4 inches across. The handle shape in the ebay picture mimics the shape of the antique pyrex knob. This is just a guess, I don't have one so I can't try it on.
http://i.imgur.com/5NHRS7h.jpg

Back