Weird Handle

MDFraley

The below link is a skillet offered on e-Bay where as the seller has no idea who made it. I did a quick look at my reference material and found a Wapak skillet on page 300 of the BB (bottom of page) that's about the same as the sellers. I am not interested in purchasing it but would like to know if by chance was it likely that Wagner sold the mold to Wapak or vise versa but did not brand it with their logo? The small hole and scooped out handle sure looks weird on a larger skillet.
Sure makes it difficult as a collector to decipher the history and come to a logical conclusion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262289705946?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Probably more in common with the Wagners shown in RB pg. 29. I don't think the Wapak referenced factors in here, that being a shallow skillet. I continue to doubt that makers sold patterns to direct competitors.

Thanks Bonnie. I saw on your previous thread that CJMunnich was looking for the bottom. To me the seller is asking a bit too much and plus the shipping makes out of my price range.

Back