Iron Mountain ?

MDFraley

Was wondering why the Size #5 pan has a tear drop hanging hole instead of the oval hole that was made for the rest of the Iron Mountain series? I know that in our CIC data base it states this but doesn't offer any logic as to why?

There are a lot of pattern inconsistencies that are overlooked because they're minor and/or not obvious. Working patterns are made from a master pattern, so those differences are propagated to them and exponentially to the cast pieces. The difference in the #5 could be just that, or if it was intentional, which I doubt, perhaps it was a visual reference for help in choosing a size of pan from a stack of skillets with no size numbers on the tops of their handles.

I've seen some commentary before about the teardrop shaped hole of the IM #5's. I have one that has the more traditional over shape. Which way was more common? And were any of the other sizes made with the teardrop shape?

Never seen a #5 IM with other than the teardrop hole. Can you post a photo of yours?

Back