reference books

JMoss

I am new to this forum and uneducated as to pricing of the various CI products. Can someone recommend the reference books I should buy to help identify and price the various finds I come across?

Thanks,
Jack

The three must-have collector books are listed under the Resources/Books link on the main website. Of the "red book", "blue book", and muffin pan book, only the blue book has been updated recently, but even so, the values listed are usable only as a reference, and do not always reflect real world selling prices. Note: purchasing from Amazon using the links there generates a small commission which helps defray the cost of maintaining this site.

Thanks Doug.
I ordered the Red and Blue books. I suppose I should order the muffin tin book also. I don't use or collect them but I have found a lot of them (I thought some were soap molds). Maybe I should buy them for trading purposes.

As you suggested, I have started takeing some "before" shots so I can post before and after. I wish I had done that with the first few pieces before I put them in the lye bath. They were a mess but are coming out pretty nice.

Jack

The red and blue books each have a few pages devoted to Griswold muffin pans (several in the blue), but nowhere near the comprehensive level of the Haussler gem & muffin book, which breaks down all the variations made of each pan. Its values are also a bit outdated (read: high, IMO). If you find yourself becoming more interested in gem pans, I would say it's worth getting.

Back