Spider Skillet?

I want it!!

(But I'd enjoy a Wapak Indian just about as much.)

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Do we know how many of those were produced?

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

My wife would kill me.... She thinks I have too much cast iron as it is.

Bruce

I don't even have a wife, but she'd kill me anyway!

This sheds new light on why my dad always called for the spider when he was packing for a fishing trip.

I really hate it when this cast iron ends up costing more than my truck.

Two sides to everything.
I have to wonder if you all found one in and old barn, put it on auction and it went for prices like it is. Would the conversation be the same, or be smiles all the way to the bank?

Makes me want to find one all the more. Not sure if it would hang over my desk, or sell it and have smiles all the way to the bank? :icon_scratchchin:

As does everything. Stick around the antique world for 30+ years and see what goes up, must and does come down. Cast iron prices were a lot better in the 1990s.:headpop:

28 years for me. Things that used to be expensive, I now see for dirt cheap. Things I used to pick up for between $5 - $15 now routinely see sell for $100+. I've invested wisely in some things, and not so wisely in others. On the flip side I've only ever collected what I enjoyed collecting, researching, etc.

one goes for 1800 and one wont get a bid at 249...nice

The reason for no bid.
On Oct-25-15 at 18:07:41 PDT, seller added the following information:
After someone pointed out to me this pan however does have a small crack by the handle I will have to end auction and this will be relisted sorry I did not see this .

Back