Slant logo number 9 griswold

So I just bought a package deal of 2 Le Creuset number 16 small skillets that are enamel finish and a slant logo nimber 9 Griswold that appears to be chrome finished. My question is about the slant logo skillet. I cant find it in the BB anywhere. Do yall know anything about it? Circa, rarity, value? Thanks y'all.

Im currently soaking it in soap and bakimg soda attempting to get a slightly better look at the finish. Pics to follow soon.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

https://imgur.com/a/AFqbh

Best i could do.

Slant logo/Erie #1 thru #14 skillets are listed at bottom right of page 12 of BB.
Circa: 1906-12.
Rarity: It's a common piece.
Value: Maybe $40-50. Depends on condition after cleaning.

Not sure how effective your cleaning method will be. Why not use oven cleaner or lye, neither will harm the plating.

Thanks guys for your input. Jeff, the skillet you mentioned has the numbers 699 on it not 710D. Does that matter? Were those skillets all offered in iron finish and chrome finish? Im still working oit little idiosyncrasies in reading the BB i suppose.

I've seen lots of ghost marks, but never one of a GRISWOLD'S ERIE. I love those Griswold's erie pans, I think they were only made 1905-1906.

Thats pretty cool Jeff! Now i want to find another non plated one. I tried to get all the chrome off but couldnt get all of it. Most of it is gone now and the rest took a coat of seasoning so itll be there forever now.

Back