what is this? ID help please

JeffreyL

A friend of mine just texted me with these pictures of this stuff he found in the loft of his barn. He thinks they go together because they fit so well and the bin with holes as a lip that fits the griddle. I cant see any use for it this way, plus I cant imagine cooking in something galvanized. Anyone have any ideas? Is it just coincidence they were together and fit or are they meant to be together for some reason? and if not can anyone ID the griddle? these are the best pics i could get as he has a flip phone, he said no markings, names or anything on the back of the griddle.
http://imgur.com/a/XCDIm

thats what i thought too, just thought i would post it and see if it actually was "something", theres always things that surprise me from yesteryear as i'm only 34

Nice griddle, but I don't know who made it. The "wash tub with holes" doesn't go with it. It is part of a steamer. May have been used for canning or steaming shellfish, crabs, etc. The bottom is obviously not there. Somewhere in the far recesses of my few remaining brain cells I have seen that steamer set up before, but can't recall where or when.

That's what I figured Kevin, I didn't think they went together but I thought I would try and find out, now I'm curious on the griddle as it may be available to me

I agree with Kevin. The steamer would have fit on top of a Dutch oven or kettle and could have used the top of same.

Hilditch

Back