Griswold #10 Small Logo

GaryB

Picked this up for $20 on local market place. No pitting on a smooth surface, no cracks, no wobble. Bottom is pretty crusty like it was used on a campfire. Got it in the oven on self clean right now hoping that will clean the crust from the bottom. Going to reseason with flax seed oil unless someone else has a better suggestion.

Attachments

• griswold2.jpg
    griswold2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 43
  • griswold1.jpg
    griswold1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 52
Personally, almost anything but flaxseed oil. Some have good experience with it; most do not, including me.

Great find, I would be very happy to find a #10 Griswold for $20 even if a small logo as a place keeper/user till I found a earlier one, my preference. I have a large logo chicken fryer that I love and a shallower 10 would be used even more.

I gave my brother a unmarked Wagner 10 and he absolutely loves it. Great size skillet when you need a bit more room ;)

As far as seasoning, stick with old school that has worked for as long as those types cooking vessels have been around

Each to his own so to speak. I have been using Grapeseed Oil for over 5 years and no complaints at all. It has a "high" smoke point and is made from 100% seeds from grapes "NO ADDITIVES". Because of the high smoke point it's ideal for stir-fry, deep frying and sautéing. Expensive as compared to other oils but worth it in the end.

Cleaned up the skillet today, soap, water and a little bar keepers friend. 2 rounds of seasoning with Crisco, 500 degrees for 1 hour. I'm pleased with the way it came out. Cooking surface is unbelievably smooth.

Attachments

• griswold3.jpg
    griswold3.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 53
  • griswold4.jpg
    griswold4.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 47
Looks like you have a winner. Enjoy the wow-zoo out of it. I can smell some great meals coming out of that old #10

Back