ERIE Evolution

MDFraley

Anyone up to some Sunday morning reading I might suggest that in addition to the Cast Iron Collectors section (Evolution of the ERIE Skillet) to check out the below link. It is most informative to anyone new or old (senior) members for collecting these skillets. Now I know what not to believe when reading some of the descriptions listed on web sites that promote the ERIE/Griswold sale of CI.
http://www.wag-society.org/guest/ERIESkilletArticle.pdf
Hope I'm not breaking any rules....I tried to do a copy and paste and it didn't work.

I found that article last month, great information. I saved the link and refer back to it time to time doing research.

Thanks for this link. I acquired an ERIE skillet yesterday, and have it in the lye bath. Tomorrow or maybe Tuesday when I take it out maybe I can date it. Ain't this site great?!

I have one problem with this article. None of the pictures show any gate marks. My skillet definitely has a gate mark. What's up with that?

Attachments

• 20150615_134116.jpg
    20150615_134116.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 28
Thanks, that is what I had decided after more research. Still it is old, but not in great shape. It came with my wood cookstove I got, so nothing lost.

Back