Offset Tab Combo Sets

Lloyd B

So I purchased this combination lid / skillet not knowing anything else about it. I like these for some reason. I found out it's part of what's commonly known as an offset tab set and now I'm seeking additional information. Google wasn't much help so here I am seeking information from you! Thanks!

20170628_174338_zps99jtki0y.jpg

20170628_174325_zpsr9esx7ap.jpg

I have the same lid/skillet. My google search was not as fruitful as I would like. Did you find the complete set? How many peices are there in the complete set? Did you find the maker? Have you had any luck in finding other peices to the set? Any information is appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim

the one pictured kind of resembles the johnson combo cooker... I think there are more than just the two pieces for the johnson set.

I am new at this, but have tried to do my homework, by reading through the forums, searching the site and google. The pictures of the John C Johnson combo I have seen, the lids did not have pour spouts/ears. The skillet/lids also appear to be more round bottom and deeper. I know photos can be deceptive on size and depth.
I wonder if Mr. Johnson made more than one combo set?
After looking through the forums and google, I am coming to some conclusions:
There were multiple foundries putting out combo sets just to keep some of us guessing.
My skillet/lid may spend a good bit of time in the trunk of my car, hoping to recognize a cast mate, when I see one.
My skillet/lid has many uses as an individual piece. I am glad I have it.
Thank you Mr. Madden for your help
Jim
May everyone's next great find be rust free and a bargain of a deal!

Back