Storage / Display

DAustin

New to the forum since I have officially picked up another passion, darn Griswold..... :)

I have a #3, #7, and#8 skillet, #9 tite top (all LBL Griswold) and a patty bowl. Been looking for more but also want a way to display / store them. Since I live in a 1920's log home (hand hewn with dovetail corners), I wanted something that wouldn't take away from the feel (nothing modern looking, nickel plated, stainless, gothic, etc). Came across this and think it will "fit" so ordered 2 of them (I have a 6' wall to use) :
http://www.amazon.com/Old-Dutch-Coo...1430239654&sr=1-1&keywords=old+dutch+pot+rack

Thoughts?

the CIPP site on facebook, has a guy that custom builds beautiful display hangars. will get back with the name.

" David O'Steen Artist Blacksmith "on facebook
55a1b194a13aa4084b44d7934392f219.jpg
0138d466fc9d500e85c29f66a03ebb0a.jpg

Received the ones that I ordered a few days ago, today. (gotta love Amazon)... They are solid iron (cheap iron), not some junk rolled edges stuff... Bolts in at 16" on center. Granted I had to rattle can mine to get them black, they are actually pretty good for China made. I will have no issues hanging 200 lbs on each rack, seeing how I am 250 lbs and it supports me!

Ill send pics once I get the collection together and hung.

Last edited:
Received the ones that I ordered a few days ago, today. (gotta love Amazon)... They are solid iron (cheap iron), not some junk rolled edges stuff... Bolts in at 16" on center. Granted I had to rattle can mine to get them black, they are actually pretty good for China made. I will have no issues hanging 200 lbs on each rack, seeing how I am 250 lbs and it supports me!

Ill send pics once I get the collection together and hung.

I still have a few more pieces to hang but, this gives a general idea. Most are Griswold LBL EPU but there is a Wagner and a Korean skillet in there (they were my fathers)

Attachments

• IMAG0106.jpg
    IMAG0106.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 57
Just a gentle reminder ...

Your CI hanging system is only as strong as its weakest part/point.

I've seen massive racks and several pans come crashing down because someone hung the whole thing on four totally inadequate screws.

Just a gentle reminder ...

Your CI hanging system is only as strong as its weakest part/point.

I've seen massive racks and several pans come crashing down because someone hung the whole thing on four totally inadequate screws.

Understood. Pre-drilled 3/16" for the 2"x1/4" lag bolts that came with it. There are 8 of them securing the racks. There is on that looks to be in a joint but is actually at an angle, into a log. Holds my 250lbs butt. ;-)

Back