Training Wheel ID with Stick Pan

Rand L

I've enjoyed reading the site and forum over the last week or so. Thanks for the bit of knowledge I've reaped so far.

I found this stick pan yesterday. It's not-branded, but to me the handles look like Griswold. There's also a "22B" mark, which would match with the Griswold No. 22 stick pan. So I say it's an unmarked Griswold.

How far off am I?

Untitled by randskillet, on Flickr

Many makers stuck to the numbering conventions established by earlier designs, especially in the case of gem and muffin pans. Two characteristics of this one, however, are not in keeping with Griswold. Their pieces normally had a hanging hole in only one handle, and a 3 or 4-digit pattern number in addition to a model or size number. The markings are more reminiscent of Wagner unmarked pieces, but they would not have likely called it a #22, as they had their own "E" designation for this style of pan. Wagner did, however, do some odd things with Griswold patterns after the acquisition. In this case, though, I think it's someone else's copy, probably Lodge.

Thanks, sirs. I appreciate the thoughtful response. There certainly seems to be an abundance of bread stick pans (especially cornbread) in antique stores of north Florida.

N.E.S. French Roll pans are virtually everywhere here in New England. I nearly always see them. Even some interesting ones.

Back