Griswold A209X

MDFraley

I purchased a Griswold Aluminum fry pan off eBay back in July of this year and was wondering about its history. It has a small logo near the 6:00 position and under it is; Griswold Manufacturing Co., Erie Pa. U.S.A., NO. 9, PATT. NO. A209X.
What's so strange is the cross inside the double circle does not blend in to the first circle as most all other crosses on Griswold's logo's. Since my camera is being repaired I can not post a picture at this time but if you google (Griswold A209X) it will show the link that I bought it from on eBay. I probably paid too much per the collectors opinions but the pan was very clean, wooden handle is in excellent condition, and was the first piece of Griswold aluminum that I purchased.
Question is; Is it an authentic piece of Griswold and if so why does it have an "X" after the 209?

No....I used bing search and typed in this info exactly including caps.
"Griswold A209x"
I have copied the link and will try and paste it. It may or may not copy here and not sure about all our rules and regulations so here goes.
http://www.acefest.com/moviestore/g...ellent,-rare-no-a209x,-look_291519426056.html
If you click on the photo on that site, it will take you to an eBay listing for the same pan, where there is another photo showing the logo that you are questioning.

I see the same logo (where the cross ends are squared off, rather than simply intersecting the inner circle) on this eBay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Gri...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The skillet you are looking at appears to be in excellent condition and/or beautifully restored.

The "X" is probably just a pattern identifier.

Maybe I'm missing something....When I click on the link you referenced it takes me to eBay but the picture is of a lid and the Griswold emblem is what I would call a normal logo.
I looked at regular 209 skillets and they all appear different than the one I have especially the wooden handle design.
Maybe someone else will weigh in on this and help me solve this mystery I have. Seems like I always find the odd ball of old cast iron and aluminum skillets but that is the fun part of collecting that I love.

Maybe I'm missing something....When I click on the link you referenced it takes me to eBay but the picture is of a lid and the Griswold emblem is what I would call a normal logo.
I looked at regular 209 skillets and they all appear different than the one I have especially the wooden handle design.
Maybe someone else will weigh in on this and help me solve this mystery I have. Seems like I always find the odd ball of old cast iron and aluminum skillets but that is the fun part of collecting that I love.

Clicking on the picture takes me here.

From there, if you wish, click on the "See original listing" link, and scroll down.

Sorry Dan....I didn't scroll down when I clicked on your first referenced link. Yes....My skillet is identical to the one you first referred to and I was the one that bought the nice clean shiny one for the $60+ dollars.
Still wondering if there is any rarity of my skillet plus any production dates if known? I try and keep a ledger with all pertinent information I can find on each piece.
Thanks again.

MD, if you like the pan, I am, for one, glad that you BOUGHT the pan! In many years of noticing such items wherever I saw them, I never saw such a pretty skillet! Personally, I say Congrats!

Back