P&B Kettle Thoughts

Eugene Bryan

Another new member here looking to find some additional information on a Phillips & Buttorff kettle I picked up. The P&G ID was found on the bottom of the kettle and there are no manufacturer markings on the lid which I typically see with other P&G kettles. The interior and exterior finish seems to be in great condition but may have been refinished. Any thoughts on age or additional input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and great group!

Attachments

• IMG_2455.jpg
    IMG_2455.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2456.jpg
    IMG_2456.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2458.jpg
    IMG_2458.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 16
Assuming you meant "P&B". Lid-marked ones I've seen are markedly different in design (lid, spout) than this one. P&B was in business a long time; perhaps this one is from a different (earlier?) time period.

Hi Doug. Thanks for the clarification. P&B is definitely correct. Procter and Gamble not so much! :) I was assuming it might be an earlier version due to the lack of fancy but figured someone more experienced than myself would be able to pick up on it right away. Do you know by chance how I could edit the subject and description to state P&B? I couldn't find a way to do it. Thanks in advance.

Back