Krumkake

Bonnie that looks like a tasty treat and I learned something new today. It did have me thinking about some warmed milk chocolate swirled inside, cool whip, some banana pudding more cool whip, pudding and topped with cherries:)

Steve,

Thanks all. Mike, I watched that video, I wanted to put Almond extract in mine but I couldn't find my little bottle, so I used vanilla. I don't think I will ever go back to buying ice cream cones. I think they would be good with banana pudding because they remind me of vanilla wafers cookies.

Thanks for the recipe. I found one of those in a junk pile in the backroom of a shop a few months back. Now I have motivation to use it.

This post had me intrigued. Im guessing I can make waffle [at least the recipe] cones in this? The hand made waffle cones this year at my fav Ice Cream place were not that good. Is that the iron made by Griswold for Alfred Andresen & Co.?

I just won an auction for one.

Yes Scott, it is an Alfred Andresen. I made ice cream cones in it, I think I will cook them longer next time so they are crispier. They were tasty but more like a cookie than a crisp. It was actually pretty easy once I got the iron hot. I only had one layer of seasoning on the iron and nothing stuck.

The cones this summer had 2 things wrong. They were too thick [3/16" or so t] and not cooked enough. Cant wait to try it. iT looks easy enough to season as the design is pretty shallow.
However it came out, those ones look really good in your pics

Back