ARG!

DSBradley

I bought a griddle from a guy in Colorado and he shipped it USPS. Check this out:

Arrived at USPS Facility
2015-10-15, 18:17:00, DENVER, CO 80217

Departed Post Office
2015-10-13, 18:14:00, COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80910

72.1 miles from Colorado Springs to Denver in 48 hours.

New meaning to the term "Snail Mail" :laughup:

The final Arrrgh!!!!!!! Comes when you open it up, find that it's just been packed in a large "padded" envelope and wrapped in newspaper. The handle is sticking out of the envelope, and there's a label from the USPS saying "Sorry for the damage..."

When you open it, and find that the handle isn't actually still attached, and the griddle is in three pieces.

Can you tell I've received damaged/broken iron in the mail before?

Priority Mail is worth every dollar. Select through Atlanta can be a death sentence for anything, including a front bumper from a 1956 Olds.

Priority is faster, better handling and not normally that much more - for under 10 lbs.

Over 10 lbs, FedEx Ground is the only way to go as it is much cheaper than the USPS and fast. No contest.

Hilditch

I recently won an ebay auction for 2 griswolds and a wagner. Thet were stacked inside of each other and put into a flat rate usps box with no padding whatsoever. How they were in one piece is a mystery to me

Not trying to top anyone's stories but I bought a three burner Griswold off eBay Sept. 1st and it arrived on my doorstep Sept. 23rd. It took the seller 5 days to package it....picked up by FedX and took them 3 days to get to the local P.O....Took the P.O. an additional 12 days to go from Pa. to Tx. The shipping charges were $37 or so. The cool part about this story is the seller bubble wrapped the 1/2" gas line that adapted to the burner's manifold and angled off to one side but there was not one single piece of protection anyplace on the burner itself. It actually arrived unbroken and I am currently restoring it to it's original finish. This was the second worst package from a seller on eBay. The worst was a high base waffle iron with the waffle iron that was stuffed inside a bubble lined envelope which was then crammed into a medium sized priority mailer and yes it was broken upon arrival.

I'm here to report that the griddle finally arrived yesterday and all is good. My experience with most of what I buy on eBay is it comes mummified in bubblewrap which is a good thing.

Back