Griswold No 6 Dutch Oven

MelissaG

I am wondering how much this is worth. Any other information would be nice as well. I don't know much about cast iron collectibles. Thanks in advance!

eBay remains the best source of estimates of current values, by examining "sold" listings vs. asking prices or simply "completed" listings. Among Griswold DOs, those with the "full writing top" covers are more desirable. Small DOs like the #6 often command higher prices than the relatively more common #8s, and can run into the hundreds of dollars. Or you can get lucky and find one spray painted black at a flea market for $21 like I did. Of course, condition is everything, so pitting from rust, warped bottoms and cracks in the sides all detract from value, often sharply.

there was a really nice #6 that sold last weekend at the dinkys auction... but it was the earlier, slant/erie bottom and plain top lid... I think it went over $400. The 'baster' ones seem to have been a pretty narrow timeline somewhere in the early 20's. I think I have a #6 TT baster DO lid, just the lid and I think I paid around $70 for it at an auction a while back.

Back