Griswold 13 Skillet

Dwayne Rossner

Hello everyone, just joined the forum. I got real excited a few years back after having a conversation with a man at his garage sale. He had a lot of ci and I told him I had a large skillet in the barn, he said check it to see if it had slant letters.When I got home this is what I found on the back-cast iron skillet-13-griswold- with a slant-erie pa usa-720.I would post a picture but haven't mastered that yet. Would like to know a little about this piece, age, approximate value?, how rare. Thanks for any help Dwayne

Welcome to the Forums! I'm no expert on CI by any means, but I did a quick Ebay search, and the value of what you are talking about is thru the roof, like in the $1000's.......if its in great shape. As I said, I'm NOT an expert.

Thanks for the quick reply KevM and SeanD.I am new to posting and don't know if I posted in the right place or not .If the moderators think I could get a better response in a different area please move the post. I've started to navigate the forum a little better and feel like I better be careful or I'll get the bug.The beauty of ci has always caught my eye and I've managed to acquire 12-25 pieces over the years.Look forward to educating myself and hunting in the coming months. Thanks Dwayne

Griswold 13's are one of the 'hard to find' pieces in the griswold cast iron cookware lineup... there are a couple of different logos, slant, block... but if it is not cracked and sits pretty flat... little to no pitting on the bottom where the logo is... and nice smooth cooking surface... then you're looking at at least $1000... I've seen some sell for closer to $2000... again condition is important.

congrats on having a pretty rare piece! I'd love to see pics!

Back