Unmarked Lodge?

Shawn R

I got this big 15 inch skillet this weekend. It kind of looks like a Lodge but doesn't have markings I would expect. I have since washed and inspected, no notches, no logo, and no mold marks. What do yall think?
15%20inch%20skillet.jpg

A Lodge with that assist handle style should say Lodge on it. Are there any markings at all? Can't see thru the rust. BTW, page views are anybody, registered or not.

Wasn't Lodge using groves rather than rings when they come out with the assist handles? And the smoke rings had 3 breaks in them before that?

Hilditch

The texture of the pan and the assist handle say Lodge, every thing else says Made In China. I vote for a knock-off of a Lodge pan imported from overseas. A good user by any means.

The texture of the pan and the assist handle say Lodge, every thing else says Made In China. I vote for a knock-off of a Lodge pan imported from overseas. A good user by any means.

Kinda feeling the same way... I have to say, some of the pans out of Taiwan - although copies - aren't half bad quality wise.

Embarrassing to admit, bur our first wood heating stove was a Taiwanese job. Of course the purchaser had to add firebrick and proper sealing devices to the thing, but it kept us warm from 1979 to 1996, in Northern Indiana!

Thanks for the input. I was thinking import when we got it. I was going to pass but my wife talked me in to getting it. It sure has the lodge look though. I dont have much in it and it should work fine for the little use a skillet that big will get.

Back