Old Cast Iron Sinks...

SeanD

My house was built in the very early 1900s, I was born here, ect. I have a white cast iron kitchen sink, kinda like a farm sink, and it defrosts meat way faster than just on a counter, or whatever. I think its the same thing as a heat sink, but for cold stuff. I was just wondering if anyone has an old cast iron sink and do what I do? Show some pics!

Attachments

• Sink 1.jpg
    Sink 1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 31
  • Sink 2.jpg
    Sink 2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 33
I honestly thought people still used this kind of sink and counter. I love mine.Easy to clean, defrosts meat well, old school, ect.

Went to the court house today. My house was built in 1886. I figured the early teens, but not that old...I love it tho.

I caused my moms hand to get broken on the corner of one just like that set up. Mom came down on my bent over butt with the paddle that had the ball and rubber band hooked to it. She would take those from us when me and my brother were tormenting each other with them. That’s what we got the whipping with. Anyway, I jumped out of the way and she started a course correction of the paddle and hit her wrist on the corner of the door and broke it. I’ll always remember that sink. I’ve got one in mind like it for an outdoor kitchen project I have planned.

Ouch!! That sounds very painfull, but its still a memory to keep. Hope you get a sink too!

Back