Help ID'ing These Pans Please.

The first one is enamelled, and wont be used to make food, the seller said he'd find the lid and give it to me when he does. I knew and have heard the name of its make before, but cant remember it nor find it now.

2nd one is a raised 9, while smooth as glass, has too many casting defects to have been made by a known brand. Home made is my guess.

3rd one is a 8 that's cut into the handle, and has a weird 2 by the handle on the bottom and smooth as glass, light for its size and thin wall and a great pan. Definite useable pan. My guess - Birdsboro ?? Early pre notch lodge ? Or something else entirely.

The crescent moons heat ring is a Lodge. Never seen them in catalogs, though, nor any hammered Lodge for that matter, either. I'd say your assumptions about the 2nd and 3rd (Birdsboro) are correct.

I added a 4th pan, 2QT dutch oven I thought it may be a pre notch lodge, but you guys/gals can set me straight.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

The crescent moons heat ring is a Lodge. Never seen them in catalogs, though, nor any hammered Lodge for that matter, either. I'd say your assumptions about the 2nd and 3rd (Birdsboro) are correct.

Oh that was a lodge. OK cool. Thanks.
I added another pan, 2 pics on the bottom. Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

When were the enamelled lodge crescent moon pattern heat ring made. Is it safe to cook in it or no.

It's actually called a stew pan. Looks like a BSR. Or Lodge. BSR's changed over time and I can never keep them straight.

The scalloped heat ring I would guess 1930s-40s. Cooking would depend on how intact any enamel on the inside is, or how solidly attached what's left is.

I thought BSR said 2 qt on the handle. Mine does not. Maybe it was before they put that on the handle. Mine is only marked on the bottom. Were the BSR's marked on the handle and bottom ?

Lodge handle holes are different than this one.
It is heavy like a lodge though.

The enamel has a good bit of wear on it, but not chipped or flaking off.

Another resource places the ones with 2 QT on the top of the handle as pre- mid-1960s and those marked like yours after that. Since some so-marked are seen with the BSR quality control "screwhead", that seems correct.

I don't recall ever seeing the screwhead device used on pans from BSR's early automation period, beginning the mid-1950s, so I would assume those that do are from the inception of the DISA machines forward, and which a reliable source places as 1966.

I now know what the screw head quality control device is thanks to another thread you posted in. So no screw head, no 2 QT on handle but 2QT. on the bottom only = 1965-1966 bsr ? Wowee. You guys are so cool.

Back