Tea kettle ID

Adam C

Can anyone help ID this old Tea Kettle?
6f999395c92c29746b52d45efe89f84b.jpg
2c8c3ac8df49725c03c5cfec46cf3f3c.jpg

Check out the Chattanooga Stove Company. Their kettles feature various kinds of stars on the lids.

My follow-up question: Is there a difference between a steam kettle and a tea kettle that can be identified by design or is it simply a matter of how someone wants to name a kettle?

As far as I know, there is a difference. They sell Steamers, which are cast iron and shaped like animals, ect. You fill them up with water, and they steam. Makes the air in my house feel warmer, du to Humidiity Im assuming. I use a Wagner Ware tea kettle, one with Made In The USA on it, so its nothing special. I put wax cubes in it, and water, and it makes the house smell good for days. I fill it up about 3 times a day with water. Im never going to make tea in it, so I think its a good use of it. The steamers Ive seen you cant really pour water out of it like a kettle. No spout. Some one else here may know more info than me.

Is there any information on when/if Chattanooga stove company produced these? From what I can find they were bought and sold quite a few times

Back