Recent find

John Schue

I recently came upon 3 #14 skillets in a storage area of the kitchen at my church. They were obviously heavily used but were well coated with bacon grease so no rust. None of them have been used in a really long time. One was a Martin Industries #14. One was unmarked and has a 14 A in 6 o'clock position and a slanted raised molder's mark at 12 o'clock to 3 o'clock. It has a bulge in the middle of the pan so it spins and it has a few pit marks in it. The third pan is a Lodge. I brought the Martin and the unmarked home and cleaned and restored them. They look great.
Any idea what the unmarked pan might be or the value they may have?

I would love to send pictures but what I read on here about how to do it was just Greek to me.
Is there an easy way to post pictures to a post?

Join a website that hosts pictures like Imgur or Photobucket and upload your pictures. Then on their website you click on your pic you want to share and copy the direct link. Write your post and up in the tool bar you see on the right a icon that's a picture between the ebay and picasa icons, select that one and paste your direct link between the Image

BSR Red mountain is worth around $100 in good condition so Id guess 50-70 in your condition. The martin...I have no idea but its awesome

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

What the heck happened to that BSR BTW?

Both of these pans belong to my church. I just found them and took them home and cleaned them up and took them back.

I have a nice Wagner #9 round roaster that I got for a bargain price because the seller thought a casting flaw was the beginnings of a crack. I also have an unmarked Wagner skillet with a large flaw on the bottom that looks like a snake.

Back