some old pan finds.

MaxS

all 4 of these pans were pretty crusted up when I bought them. An e-bath did the trick! the # 5 I bought at a flee market for 7.00. Was crusted over, and I couldn't see any markings on the bottom, so was thrilled when I cleaned it and saw the Wagner! My wife bought me the #8 pan at a yard sale for 1.00. It was very crusted over, so she thought I wouldn't care about it. When she handed it to me and I saw the "ERIE" my eyes popped out of my head. the 2 # 7's I got for 5.00 and 7.00 at a flee market and thrift store. Both needed a good cleaning. I love the way they all came out!! I have a good sized collection, but these are some of my favorites.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 75
Thanks Rick,
I drive around a lot for work, so every time I pass a thrift or antique store I want to stop!

RobM,
The same place my wife got that pan, she got a cast iron Lodge wok with cover that looked like it was never used. She loves cooking with it!

that's a great find Max! I have yet to obtain a cast iron wok in my searches!! Like your wife....I would use it too if I came across one!

the 2 # 7's I got for 5.00 and 7.00 at a flee market
Sometimes fleeing is the best thing to do at those things! :icon_rofl:

Serously, though... WOW!!! Amazing pans at amazing prices. You SCORED!

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

Think you need to put that pan to use and make your wife a little something special :)
I think she already is a little something special... she got him one of those pans. Haha!

MaxS, Seriously excellent score, and the prices were right! I love cooking in pans like these, and the few I have are my favorites too. And yes, it is the fun of the chase, as it were, that keeps life interesting. ;-)

all 4 of these pans were pretty crusted up when I bought them. An e-bath did the trick! the # 5 I bought at a flee market for 7.00. Was crusted over, and I couldn't see any markings on the bottom, so was thrilled when I cleaned it and saw the Wagner! My wife bought me the #8 pan at a yard sale for 1.00. It was very crusted over, so she thought I wouldn't care about it. When she handed it to me and I saw the "ERIE" my eyes popped out of my head. the 2 # 7's I got for 5.00 and 7.00 at a flee market and thrift store. Both needed a good cleaning. I love the way they all came out!! I have a good sized collection, but these are some of my favorites.

What a score. Want to double your money??

Back