Found This Interesting Round Broiler- Any ID?

Leo R

Hi all. I don't consider myself a collector. I have two (BSR #8 & Griswold #6) pans, which I cook with, that are between 60-80 years old. (No country of origin stamp). I purchased them in the past year at local thrift shops- Goodwill, SAVER's.... Last week I found this really unique 'broiler' in the rack at the local Goodwill. It is very finely cast. It has a unique handle, with a raised #8 on top of handle. The cross sections (the griddles) are convex- and they have V-channels which appear to be designed to funnel fat and juices into a channel build around the outside of the pan. There is an interesting square ridge built around the pot. This appears to accommodate a lid- whether one was provided with it, or a lid was utilized from some other pan. I do not see any indication of broken or filed-down clasps for attaching a "clam shell" top piece, which I've seen with some other old broilers. When turned on it's back-side, there is a heat ring. I have attached PICS. I've seen just a couple identical photos online, but no real ID. I live in Central NH- perhaps there was a foundry here. Anyone out there familiar with this?

VintageBroiler.jpg 20190323_090915.jpg 20190327_134314.jpg

Back